Paris Version  la Franaise
Savoir-Faire Gourmet Culturel Dcouverte Littraire

mercredi 21 janvier 2009

My Parisian experience from Dorothy Renn

One of the really neat things about the internet is that, if you’re smart, you can use it to meet people that in former times never would have been possible. A case in point is “Paris-version- francaise” http://www.parisvf.com.
I’m so glad I was introduced to this wonderful website and the people who created it. Paris is a complicated and complex place and much of its charm lies beyond the Eiffel Tower and the other “tourist” monuments. At its center are the wonderful French people themselves, some of whom are willing to share their Paris experience with others. The Parisian experience is so very much more personal and worthwhile when you have Parisians willing to share their unique city and their own Parisian experience with those from far away. I am really glad I didn’t miss it. My interest in and knowledge of Paris and French culture have grown enormously, and now I’ve decided to continue my study of the French language. It’s so nice to be accepted at the level one is, and then with encouragement, to find oneself expanding like an emerging butterfly.
Dorothy Renn

Aucun commentaire: