Paris Version  la Franaise
Savoir-Faire Gourmet Culturel Dcouverte Littraire

mercredi 25 mars 2009

40 years of French television ads

Comparing two cultures can be fun. In this case, I'm comparing the United States and France in terms of the televison ads. Right now there is a retrospective of 40 years of French television ads at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. The French ads are far more subtle than the American ones that I've seen. Sometimes it's hard to tell what brand is being advertised, something that rarely happens in American ads. The French ads seemed more interesting, also, but that could be due to the fact that the ones I was watching at the museum were new to me. I do think the American advertisers overdo the repetition factor, though. My all-time favorite ad is a French one that I saw in 2007. It showed a car that turned itself into a transformer. That was cool. If you get a chance, check out the ads at the museum. Everyone who was watching them was smiling.
Dorothy Renn
For further information
Musée de la publicité
107, rue de Rivoli
Palais du Louvre 75001 Paris

Aucun commentaire: