Paris Version  la Franaise
Savoir-Faire Gourmet Culturel Dcouverte Littraire

mercredi 11 mars 2009

"Like a real Parisian" from Dorothy Renn

Remember the saying: "Give someone a fish, you feed them for a day. Teach someone to fish, they feed themselves for life"?
I had an experience recently where I was "taught to fish." That is one of the unexpected advantages that I found from my participation in Paris Version Francaise. I found myself trying things and doing things I never expected to be able to do. For example, after being taken to wonderful brasseries, bistrots, and restaurants by the knowledgeable people at Paris Version Francaise, and being introduced to the chef and having wonderful talks with the owners, I found myself naturally and easily doing the same with the owners of a restaurant I happened upon when I was by myself. It's called Le Passage des Carmagnoles and it is at Passage Bonne Graine, Paris 11. A young chef and his mentor (partner) have teamed up to enact a dream of presenting original, and delicious, French and Italian cuisine to Paris. The chef (only 23 years old) is creative and innovative. It was thoroughly fun and interesting to get to know them and become part of their clientele.
And now I feel like a real "Parisienne," thanks to Paris Version Francaise!
Dorothy Renn

Aucun commentaire: